Claudia Slovinsky

FiancÚ visas

When a couple wishes to marry, the circumstances may call for bringing the foreign fiancÚ to the U.S. for the wedding, including where same-sex couples are not able to wed abroad. Alternatively, it is possible to bring a foreign spouse to the U.S after a wedding abroad without first having to wait to get an immigrant visa.

K-1 visa

A K-1 visa allows a foreign national to enter the United States to marry their U.S. citizen fiancÚ(e) within 90 days of arriving in the U.S. Once in the United States and married, the foreign national can apply to adjust their status to that of a legal permanent resident (green card holder).

We will work with you and your fiancÚ on all the steps needed to apply for a K-1 visa from the initial application to the interview at the U.S. consul abroad and, after arrival and marriage, adjustment of status to legal permanent residence. Our office also assists with the K-2 visas for the minor children of K-1 applicants so that they may immigrate to the U.S. with their parent.

K-3 visa

K-3 visas permit foreign national spouses of U.S. citizens to enter the United States in order to process their applications for legal permanent residence from inside the United States rather than waiting abroad.

Our firm will handle all of the paperwork, guide the foreign national spouse through the consular processing phase, and make the application for adjustment of status after arrival. We also provide assistance with K-4 visas, which allow minor children of K-3 applicants to immigrate to the U.S. with their parent.