What We Do
Claudia Slovinsky and Associates, PLLC, is a widely-respected immigration and nationality law firm located in the landmark Woolworth Building in New York City. Our firm, which was founded in 1980, handles a full range of immigration matters for businesses, nonprofit organizations and individuals located throughout the United States and around the world.
- We help U.S. companies and non-profit organizations secure permanent and temporary visas for foreign workers.
- We help foreign nationals obtain permanent residence with applications based on employment or a family relationship.
- We help foreign nationals obtain nonimmigrant visas to come to the U.S. temporarily to study, visit, or work.
- We help foreign nationals apply for asylum when they have come to the United States fleeing persecution. We also handle applications for other forms of humanitarian immigration visas and statuses, including T-visas, U-visas and relief under the Violence against Women Act.
- We defend foreign nationals and permanent residents in removal proceedings, including proceedings based on criminal convictions.
- We handle naturalization and citizenship matters, whether straightforward or complex.
- We handle appeals to the Board of Immigration Appeals, Board of Labor Certification Appeals, Administrative Appeals Office, and the federal courts.
- We advocate for prosecutorial discretion on behalf of our clients and represent people in their applications for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).
- We represent employers charged with employer sanctions violations and in cases involving Department of Labor inspections, investigations and litigation.
All cases are handled, carefully and efficiently, by our highly qualified attorneys, with the assistance of paralegals when appropriate. Clients of the firm are kept regularly informed about the status of their case.
Because of our extensive experience and deep expertise, we are well known for solving complex problems and taking on tough cases. Lawyers practicing in other fields, such as criminal, family, and labor law, frequently call upon our firm for assistance when handling matters with an immigration component or a possible immigration consequence. We are also called upon to serve as experts in immigration law in the federal courts. Our staff members speak English, Spanish, and Chinese (Cantonese).
The firm’s guiding philosophy is to provide the highest quality legal service and personal attention focusing exclusively on the needs of our client. We maintain a thorough understanding of the constantly changing rules of immigration so as to advise our clients using information based on the most current law. All matters are supervised or handled directly by our attorneys.
We also believe that an important part of our job is to educate our clients about the law and how it affects their cases so that they can make informed and intelligent decisions.
We keep fully abreast of the constantly changing immigration and nationality law so that we can advise our clients most accurately. We believe that a thorough and thoughtful analysis of a client's problem at the outset is critical to a successful outcome. Our legal team works hard to reach our clients' goals.